- Visit the ERAS website. The website provides several helpful resources to assist you with your MyERAS application.
- Contact ALL programs of interest to ensure that they are participating in ERAS before submitting your application materials.
- Contact each program before applying to make sure you understand and meet all program eligibility requirements and deadlines, including citizenship and visa requirements.
- Obtain an ERAS token from the Office of the Registrar by completing and submitting the Academic Records Request form found on the Registrar page of the KCU website.
- Once you receive your token you can begin building your application by updating your personal information, adding and confirming Letters of Recommendation information, printing letter request forms, etc. You can also view the status of your Letters of Recommendation.
- Submit request forms to the KCU Office of the Registrar. Use the Academic Records Request form to request the upload of your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE or Dean’s Letter). Use the Official Transcript Request for ERAS form to request the upload of your transcript. Both forms are located on the Registrar page of the KCU website.
- KCU uploads your requested documents when ERAS opens.
NOTE: Applicants that have certified and submitted an application from a previous season will be given the option to import their prior application into the current season application. Get more information.
NOTE: Registering with ERAS does not register you for any match service. If you plan to participate in a match, please ensure you register with the appropriate match service.
Fellowships - ERAS EFDO
- KCU graduates applying for fellowships may request their KCU transcript and MSPE be uploaded to EFDO (ERAS Fellowship Document Office) MIDUS (Medical Institution Document Upload Service).
- EFDO MIDUS provides KCU the ability to upload the MSPE and KCU transcript directly to the ERAS Fellowship Document Office on your behalf.
- Since fellowship programs set different standards for deadlines, eligibility, etc. it is important you research and contact programs of interest prior to applying.
- Submit request forms to the Office of the Registrar. Use the Academic Records Request form to request the upload of your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE or Dean’s Letter). Use the Official Transcript Request for ERAS form to request the upload of your transcript. Both forms are located on the Registrar page of the KCU website.
- KCU must receive a link from MIDUS to upload your documents (transcript and MSPE). Submit electronic request to MIDUS for transcript and MSPE in EFDO On-Line Services.
- ERAS EFDO On-Line Services notifies the University via email of applicant’s electronic request, sends the link and sends confirmation when upload is successful.
- Office of the Registrar prepares documents and uploads them to ERAS EFDO site when the link from ERAS EFDO is received.
NOTE: The University does not have access to your application. MIDUS must send a link allowing access for each document. This is why you must request MSPE and transcript uploads from both institutions. Below are steps from the ERAS website regarding requesting the upload on that end.
Steps for Submitting MIDUS Requests in EFDO On-Line Services
- Log in to MyERAS and select “Additional Documents” from the Documents section.
- Click EFDO On-line Services, at the bottom of the “Additional Documents” page.
- Once your EFDO On-line Services page loads, click MIDUS Request at the top.
- Once you have carefully read the disclosures, check the box next to “I have read and accept the above disclosures.” and click Continue.
- Read the instructions and click New Document Request.
- Select which document type you are requesting (MSPE or medical school transcript). You must submit a separate request for each document type you would like uploaded through MIDUS.
- Enter complete contact information for your medical institution.
Note: It is very important to enter correct contact information so that your school receives your email request and so that EFDO can contact the institution, if necessary
KCU Contact Information:
Enrollment & Academic Records Specialist
- Enter any comments or special instructions for KCU Registrar Office.
- Carefully check the information you supplied, and click Submit. This will send the email request to KCU
- If your request was submitted successfully, you will see a confirmation page. Click OK on this page to return to the request homepage.
Complete these steps for each document type you would like to request