- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, All-Union Cardiology Research Center, Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR, Moscow, USSR, 1985
- M.D. in , Pirogov Medical Institute. Moscow, USSR, 1979
- B.S. in Biophysics, Pirogov Medical Institute. Moscow, USSR, 1979
- Clinical and Molecular Immunology
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- PGE2 in Regulation of Immuno-Inflammatory Responses
- EP2/EP4 PGE2 Receptors in Regulation of Macrophages
- Immuno-Editing in Tumor Microenvironment
- Tumor-Associated Macrophages
- MicroRNA-Controlled Reprogramming of Tumor-Associated Macrophages
- Clonning of NR2B Subunit of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor
NMDA receptors function in synaptic plasticity, neuronal development and excitotoxicity. NR2B subunit-containing NMDA receptors place a key role in learning and chronic pain, 01/2001 - 12/2005
- LPS-Directed Macrophage Innate Responses to Infections
The central hypothesis of my research is that macrophages respond to environmental signals by the production of immunoregulatory cytokines and other inflammatory mediators that selectively reprogram these cells for a predominant phenotypic response, 04/2000 - 03/2005
- Research Fellowship in Immunology
This research grant was awarded to study the role of scavenger receptors in removal of gut-derived endotoxins by liver macrophages, a.k.a. Kupffer cells, 01/1993
- The Young Research Award
My research was centered on the development of extracorporeal bioartificial support system using hepatocytes cultured on microcarriers to replace the liver's function in acute liver failure, 10/1989
- The Silver Medal of the Exhibition of National Achievements of the USSR
The pathophysiological effects of sepsis and septic shock result from uncontrolled production of inflammatory mediators. This clinical research was focused on immunotherapy of sepsis using antibodies against endotoxins of Gram-negative bacteria, 11/1988
- Member, 02/2000 - Present, American Association of Immunologists
The AAI is an association of scientists dedicated to advancing the knowledge of immunology and its related disciplines, fostering the interchange of ideas and information among investigators.
- Member, 03/1999 - Present, Society for Leukocyte Biology
The goal of the Society is promoting and extending current understanding of the importance of leukocyte biology, particularly in regard to the physiology of these cells and their relationship to the immune system.
- Member, 10/1996 - Present, International Endotoxin and Innate Immunity Society
The primary goal of the IEIIS is to promote scientific knowledge on all aspects of endotoxin research.
- Endurance training of KCUMB students, 10/1/2011 - Present, KCUMB
To meet the demands of a new generation of KCUMB students who want to become endurance athletes and come from all backgrounds and ability levels.
- Ultramarathon Cycling
- Ironman Triathlon